The Poverty Action Conference provides a platform for attendees to:
- Engage with experts in global development, public health, microfinance and other fields.
- Hear from world-class speakers and network with like-minded individuals.
- Learn about internships, post-graduation opportunities and graduate programs by attending our Exhibitor Fair
- Get inspired, challenged and have fun!
Everyone can REGISTER TO ATTEND and students with projects can REGISTER TO PRESENT
REGISTER TO ATTEND
The 2012 PAC is open to any and all who want to attend. One of our objectives is to bring together participants who have a common goal of working towards the alleviation of global poverty – but from diverse starting points.
Applications to attend will be accepted up to the day of the conference (Saturday, October 6)
There is a small registration fee (to help cover the cost of catering):
- Non-UMW Community Members: $15
- UMW Community Members: $2
Click – Register to Attend – to begin your journey to the 2012 PAC.
Registration automatically includes a 2012 iOnPoverty membership!
REGISTER TO PRESENT
The opportunity to present at the 2012 PAC is limited to students. All students – whether high school, undergraduate or graduate – are invited to submit an application to present. All project proposals within the realm of global development are welcome – regardless of their implementation stage. If you are a student and would like to register to present your work, please take the following steps:
Applications to present your work will be accepted up to September 21, 2012.
We will confirm the acceptance of your application within two weeks of its submission date.
WAYS TO DEFRAY THE COST OF ATTENDING
1. Your university may pay for your travel. Ask today.
2. Become a TDC Ambassador:
- TDC Ambassadors come for free when they organize for two or more of their friends to attend the conference. If you are interested, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Join the TDC Team:
- TDC Team Members provide essential support before and during the Poverty Action Conference. You get free admission to the onference and an invitation to join us for dinner with one of our keynotes. If you are interested, contact us: email@example.com
4. Stay with UMW Students and avoid the hotels! If you are interested, see Accommodations.
If you have any questions concerning the registration process, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org